Christmas is only a few days away and most people have been playing Christmas music since November, or in my case, October. However, some people are beginning to get tired of the usual “Joy to the World” or “Deck the Halls” or the multiple renditions of “Last Christmas” because let’s face it — not everyone has the best Christmas experience all the time. Whether you’re going through a difficult family situation, a breakup, or any other personal problems, a song telling you to deck the halls with boughs of holly won’t exactly make you feel better.
If you’re looking for something different this season or you just haven’t had the time to come up with your own playlist, fret not, for I have prepared a Christmas playlist that will surely make your jingle bell rock. Without further adieu, here are some happy and sad Christmas songs:
- All I Want for Christmas is You (Cover) by My Chemical Romance
- Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass by All Time Low
- Christmas Day by MxPx
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by Issues
- 2000 Miles by Smash Mouth
- Somewhere in My Memory by Four Year Strong
- I Had a Heart by Real Friends
- Ho Ho Hopefully by The Maine
- I Miss You Most on Christmas by Bowling for Soup
- Christmas Brings Me Down by Sparks the Rescue
- Mixtape for Christmas by Hey Monday
- I Won’t Be Home for Christmas by Blink 182
- Christmas Shoes by FM Static
- Christmas Lights by Yellowcard
- This Christmas by The Summer Set
- Nothing for Christmas by New Found Glory
Don’t feel like looking up all these songs? Here’s a Spotify playlist.
A very merry emo Christmas to you all, and if you don’t celebrate Christmas, that’s cool too! Happy Holidays everyone!