After the bombings that happened in Manchester, Marawi, and Bangkok, the next bombing incident sadly happened in East Jakarta, Indonesia. It happened on Wednesday (24/5) at 9 p.m. local time in Kampung Melayu. At least 2 people have been found dead in this bombing.
According to an eyewitness who resides in Kampung Melayu, some police officers were hurt after they heard 2 explosions. The bombing itself took place in a TransJakarta bus terminal. Details are still unclear but various witnesses have said the first and second blast occurred between 5 and 10 minutes apart near a bus stop and a parking area for motorcycles.
“There were two blasts at around 9.00 p.m., close to each other, there are three victims so far,” said East Jakarta police chief Andry Wibowo without saying whether the victims had been killed or injured.
Many people have been taking photos and videos of the incident, and it spread around the internet rapidly. Lots of the pictures are showing some dismembered body parts, including a severed head and some limbs near the location.
TV footage also showed smoke rising from the terminal and police rushing to carry casualties away from the scene. Large numbers of police officers were at the scene and had cordoned it off.
This isn’t the first time a bombing incident happen in Jakarta. In January last year, multiple explosions and gunshot were reported near Sarinah shopping mall in Central Jakarta, Indonesia. Eight people were killed and 23 people were injured because of that incident. Lots of other terrorism act have happened in this country, the controversial one was the bomb attacks in Bali on 2002, which killed 202 people, (including 88 Australians, and 38 Indonesian citizens). A further 240 people were injured. Various members of Jemaah Islamiyah, a violent Islamist group, were convicted in relation to the bombings, including three individuals who were sentenced to death.
— Timothy Simamora (@JTmor) May 24, 2017
— Rosemery| (@itsmendesroses) May 24, 2017